Monday, March 7, 2011

Wien ist anders


Liebe Familie,
Surprise!! I got a call from President Condie Tuesday evening asking me if I would go to Wien instead of Pforzheim to work with Sister McGuire. We are still opening an area, but I am back in my beloved city of Wien working with one of my MTC companions! We are working in Wien IV, which is an International Gemeinde and the meetings are in English. That was really weird to have no German church this week! There are 6 Sister Missionaries in Wien right now. Sister Downs is STILL here serving with Sister Sander (from Germany will be leaving in a couple weeks to where she was called--St. George Temple Mission). There's also Sister Covey who is training Sister Nelson from Salt Lake City, UT. It is really exciting. The four sisters are all serving in Wien II (my first area) and living in my old apartment. Sister McGuire and I are living in the Senior Sisters' old apartment (Sisters Chun and Achiu recently went home, they were proselyting missionaries in Wien).
It is so weird and so wonderful to be back in my first area. Wien II consists of Bezirks (Districts?) 2, 3, 4, 11, 20, 22, so I know those the best. Wien IV is actually all of Wien and a little outside, so we do finding wherever we are! We have talked to about 100 people since we arrived and have had about 20 decently long conversations on the street. We have several appointments for next week with many we talked with. I was expecting to find a lot of people and have to give them to their respective Wards because we are in an English speaking ward, but on our first full day here, we talked with 4 people who responded that they did not know any German and asked if we spoke English! Sister McGuire and I speak German to each other and talk with as many people possible unterwegs, so the German ought to stick.
We met yesterday with Caitlin from America. She is really amazing and asked some deep deep questions for anyone, let alone a 17-year-old. We also met with the Cardenas from the Phillipines and Erka from Mongolia. We received a couple teaching records to work with and read one about "Leon" and this amazing first lesson where they reported the Spirit being really strong and then nothing else for 2 years. We dropped by and found out he is a student from China, his name is Liang and he was really disappointed he had to wait 2 years and excited to meet with us. I am back in WIEN!!!

--
Sister Carla June Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment