Thursday, June 2, 2011

Crazy Life of a Missionary

Monday, Tuesday craziness and getting ready for the transfer, then Wednesday Sister Hecht and I said our goodbyes and she went to Switzerland to work with Sister Borcherding and Sister Burnell. I worked with Sister Covey on Wednesday since Sister Nelson left for Munich. We talked with so SO many people and had a really great time. I sure wish I could have served with Sister Covey in the field. She goes home in 8 weeks time along with Sister Olsen, her recent companion and her MTC companion (they were both fast-tracked so it was only 3 weeks, but they are back again!).

This week was a little rough because both Frankie and Joe have fallen off the face of the earth. Joe`s phone is off and we only have the street name where he lives. Frankie has not called us back and has not been home when we have gone by. We pray a lot for them. Not sure what else to do.

We met Ann this week though. She is an acquaintance of Liberty, our number one member missionary. We met Saturday, she came to church on Sunday and we had a great appointment today. She has a lot of potential. A lot of times when we meet people from Africa, they agree to everything, but Ann said she really wants to know if this is true before agreeing to be baptized. She really wants to know, too. She really gets it. Also got a call this afternoon that the Elders in our ward for some reason are leaving so we will take over everything. That will leave us with something like 10 baptismal candidates (4 from us, 6 from the Elders). We are pretty overwhelmed with the large load, but I know the Lord will provide.

I LOVE being a missionary and wish that I could just do this forever. Well, at least I can be a member missionary forever!! I love this work and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here on the Lord`s errand. I hope everyone who is pondering a mission will really search it out and go with full purpose of heart. We need more missionaries. We need more prepared missionaries who will love this work. Everyone can love this work if they just love the Lord. It`s that simple. Amen, brothers and sistas! (sorry, sometimes I feel I am in a baptist community in Nigeria)

--
Sister Carla June Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment