Wednesday, September 29, 2010

last Sunday she asked if there was any coffee there...

Things are going great here in the Vienna II area. We finally met with Igor, a 17-year old young man who is really receptive to the gospel. He was on vacation all summer, so we continued where the other sisters had left off. He is very intelligent and we are excited to meet with him again. We also met with Christine Bräuer and told her about the Word of Wisdom (last Sunday she asked if there was any coffee there ...). It went really well. We also met with Herr Alt, Frau and Victoria Varga (and Alex Haller), Frau Nierberger, Familie Kostic and Sabrina. We also had an Austausch (exchange) this weekend! We had Stake Conference on Saturday and Sunday, so the sisters near to Graz (in Brook an der Moor--I can't spell it) came up Friday night and I worked with Sister Lind for what turned into a couple days (It's okay, President approved everything). I learned a lot from teaching with Sister Lind and was excited to be her temporary companion for the third time. She came into the MTC 6 weeks after I did and came into the field at the same time. Stake Conference was really uplifting and was only a little frightening when President Condie asked all the missionaries to stand and recite Lehre und Bündnisse 4 from memory in the middle of the Saturday session. I was not expecting that.


So, I forgot to give more info about my companion, Sister Downs. She is from Peach Tree, Georgia (near to Atlanta). She studied music in Vienna a year and a half ago with BYU. She came into the MTC 02 June 2010, but since she had studied German in Austria and took one or two classes at BYU was fast tracked and left 6 weeks before me. She served in Munich, then Stuttgart, Germany and now in Vienna. She is REALLY funny and we laugh more than I think I ever have in my life. We both love Nutella a lot. She is the oldest of three children and is a Mezzo-Soprano and is a vocal performance major at BYU. Her favorite color is purple. Oh, and her first name is Carli.

No comments:

Post a Comment