Monday, September 13, 2010

Verseztung = transfer

First, excerpt from letter to president:

"School started last Monday and it is like a different area without moving apartments. We are working hard to get as many appointments as possible and the Lord is truly blessing us. Alex Haller (son of Brigitta Varga) came to Familieheimabend and enjoyed it. He will come again today and will definitely be at church next week. At the end of the lesson with the family, Alex prayed and even closed in the name of the Savior. It was so great! His mother and sister came to church and he WILL come to church next week!


Tuesday we met with a man who apparently fell in love with the sisters and was very rude to us. Sister Borcherding made it very clear that we only speak about the gospel and somehow we closed with a prayer and he left (we met in the Institutzentrum of course).


The Frauentag was good. I went on the Tod in Wien tour and if I am correct, as missionaries we are not allowed to approach people in Cemeteries. I tried to help the members get excited about the Pass-Along cards and see opportunities to use them, though. I think it was productive. Many other groups had great success with contacting."


Verseztung = transfer. We were shocked to get a call Thursday night to find out that Sister Borcherding will go to Wettingen, Sweiz (near Zurich) on Wednesday morning. I was pretty frigtened to be the "older one" in the area and my new companion came into the MTC the same day that I did. She came fluent, though, and I have worked with her a little before and know she is an excellent missionary. I am excited to work with her, but I am certainly sad to see Sister Borcherding go. I sure love her and look forward to visiting her in Germany and am praying we will get the opportunity to work together again.


Also, I got my Visa today! I am totally legal now. Sister Downs has served in Germany for two transfers (you do not need a Visa to live there), so I will get the opportunity to go through this again! What joy. It is a cool feeling to have a Visa in Austria, though. I love Wien so much. It is beautiful and perfect for missionary work. We really have all that we need here and our ward, Wien II, is great. We also have the Zone Leaders (Elders Adams and Paschen) in our ward, but we still have plenty to do! If you get a Pamphlet on Wiederherstellung, Der Erlösungsplan or Das Evangelium Jesu Christi, you will find two lovely pictures of our ward in the back. I love Wien!


Tscüss to all until the next week.

Sister Carla June Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment