Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 11

Dear family,

This week went better. We taught 11 lessons and worked really hard. We met with Frau Bräuer twice and talked about the covenant of Baptism and then Tithing and Fasting. I was surprised how well both lessons went. Her dog got really sick this weekend, so she was not able to come to church or Heide's baptism. Any extra prayers offered to ask for less disturbances would be appreciated ...

It was really nice to meet in our Ward again after Stake Conference then General Conference. We are starting to see that the Ward is starting to trust us and let us serve them. We are learning better how to serve our Ward and help them fan the flame of enthusiasm for Missionary work. Our ward is already amazing.

Yesterday was Heidemarie's baptism. Our Zone Leaders (Elders Adams and Simon) have been teaching her (Elder Paschen before he was transferred two weeks ago in mid-transfer transfers). Ever since I arrived, she has been attending church each week and was invited to be baptized, but needed more time. In Stake Conference, she felt that she wanted to be baptized on 10.10.10 :). The best part is that this is the date that Elders Adams and Paschen had planned for and prayed about two weeks before! Her baptism was so incredible no words can describe it. I felt "OH! NOW I get missionary work". It would not have meant as much had I not been giving my all to this work. Sister Downs and I sang a musical number. We had prepared Er sante sein Sohn (He sent his Son), but there is no piano in the baptismal room, only a small organ that is too small for the song. So, we sang Ich weiß daß mein Erlöser lebt (I Know that My Redeemer Lives) at the last second with no preparation. It went fabulous and we sang the song we had prepared (Sister Downs had written an alto part) for Heide after the baptism while everyone ate the food. We gained three appointments from singing yesterday ...

Another miracle was meeting with Frau Varga this week. We had been trying to call her for the last two weeks without reaching her and decided to do a vorbei ... or ... uh ... drop by last night. We ran into her (almost literally) and her daughter in the train station on the way to the Bus to her home. We met with her and made an appointment.

Oh, we also had Interviews this week (it was a long week!). Our interviews were 10 minutes long. Hopefully someday I will get to know my Mission President! It was great, though and in that short time I learned some important things and how to improve where I am. I am excited for another week of miracles and blessings and hard work!!

By the way, I can receive pictures as attachments in emails ... and want them. :) I cannot visit any other websites.

The Gospel is true!! Everyone can know it, too!
--
Sister Carla June Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment