Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4

FAMILY!

Wow. This week was amazing. Primarily because we attended the Zone Leader Conference held yesterday for all the Zone Leaders in the Mission. Sister Hansen and I attended to take minutes as the secretaries. The Spirit was really powerful and I gained a firmer testimony that this mission is being led by the power of God. We also found out that Richard G. Hinckley, son of Gordon B. Hinckley, will visit in March for another Mission Tour! We talked a lot about what Elder Texiera had taught in Mission Tour. In the three areas he visited, each was pretty different. Together, we "prophesied" of what the mission could become in specific aspects and then talked about how we would make that happen. The Spirit was just so strong. Testimonies were given at the end and it was just so evident that this work is the work of the Lord. God is preparing us for the Second Coming through missionary work. He created the organization of the Priesthood to make it all possible. There is true power there.

This week I also put the final touches on the new mission logo (the idea wasn't mine, but I drew it) and sent it off to England to make it professionally pretty. Transfers will be next week and President Condie has been a little busy, so we have not found out who is going where so we can plan the travel. This week may be insane.

My companion is hanging in there though she officially cannot walk anymore. She started using crutches on Thursday. We will find out more on Monday. The doctor stopped injections on Monday. We are trying not to freeze in our apartment since we only have one working heater and our landlord insists we keep the windows open during the day to prevent black mold (I'm pretty sure it is there anyways). Oh, and our shower broke last week ... so it's been an adventure. I promise I am being obedient and showering daily as the Missionary Handbook says, even when it's really cold! SACRIFICE BRINGS FORTH THE BLESSINGS OF HEAVEN!

I had the opportunity to talk with Elder Simon who is still serving in Wien. He told me Sr. Bräuer is still active and Sr. Urban's baptism was amazing. I was so blessed to work with them. This work is so clearly the work of the Lord and it is such a privilege to see it progress. I must say I have no idea what next week will bring, but I know the Lord loves his children and will always provide. This gospel is true!!

--
Sister Carla June Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment