Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The transfer without moving (December 13)

Dear Family,

So, Wednesday Sister Hansen and I received a new companion, Sister Quist from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. She studied Biology and Religion at Wellesley College in Boston (yes, the same Wellesley College as in Mona Lisa Smile the movie). We got the not-so-surprising news that we would be in a dritt on Sunday morning right before church, but found out Sunday evening that we would not be in either München II or München IV any more, so we did not get the opportunity to say goodbye to the wards. Instead, we will be working in München I, the Spanish ward! Bummer none of us know Spanish. We are white-washing the area as both of the elders were transferred to different areas. We have a LOT to plan and to figure out.

Every morning, Sister Quist and I take Sister Hansen to the Office and pick her up at the Institutzentrum every evening (she goes there with a senior couple so she always has a companion). We already have a lot of appointments and there is a lot of work to be done. I am excited to learn some Spanish from the ward members, but hoping that we can communicate with all of our investigators (everyone speaks at least a little German and most speak a little English, too). Elder Yanez, one of the Elders serving in the ward before us, speaks Spanish (his mother is from Bolivia and he was raised in Germany), so a lot of the Spanish work was able to move forward. Our ward is fantastic and we already have a place to be Christmas Eve eating Tacos!

Monday and Tuesday I worked nonstop on the travel for the transfers. I was really tired afterwards and I hope I never have to do that again. Nearly ever companionship had a change and some areas were closed and some were white-washed, so there was a lot of arranging. It took me between 14-18 hours in two days.

Oh!! And I met Sister Borcherding's mother, father and one of her sisters Saturday night!! Her sister performed in the Vocalischor, which was absolutely amazing (it's like the JAE ... or english ... YSA? Mormon Tabernacle Choir here). There were really excited to meet me and I was really excited to meet them. For those who don't remember, Sister Borcherding was my trainer and she is still serving in Wettingen, Schweiz (Switzerland).

We already have a lot of great investigators and less actives with whom we are working with. We are excited to see the progress.

--
Sister Carla June Carroll


No comments:

Post a Comment