Friday, July 30, 2010

Going to Germany!

This week was the most intense of all that I have experienced in the MTC thusfar. One sister became very ill Friday last and was taken to the hospital. She continued to get worse and suffered very much until she returned home Tuesday morning. We all look forward to her return when all medical can be cleared. Due to these events, I spent a lot of time out of class and away from my companions. She needed sisters with her at all times, but she always uplifted every soul that came to try to help her. I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know her now and I look forward to seeing her in Germany.
I am going to Germany Monday morning!! We leave the MTC at 5:00 am. I have so much to finish and I am working hard to replace my fear with faith (2 Timothy 1:7). I know this gospel is true and I know it will bless the lives of all those that choose to accept it. I have had so many witnesses again this week to make my testimony even more firm. It's true.
Austin is baptized! He helped us so much and in our last lesson broke character and we evaluated the entire experience. I have learned so much from teaching at the MTC. Daniel is warming up to the idea of baptism and he mentioned that it will be hard to change his life, but he knows God's hand is in this work. It didn't feel right during the lesson to commit him to baptism (both my companions mentioned the same thing after the lesson), but it is very clear that he wants to come unto Christ through baptism after his comment of Mosiah 18:8-10.
I am so excited to be an aunt for the 25th time!! Congratulations Naomi and Kyle on Zade Wallace Thomas. I am so excited to meet him and look forward to getting LOTS of pictures. I love you all so much. I'M going to Germany!!

--
Sister Carla June Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment