Thursday, July 22, 2010

Life at the MTC is amazing!!

Dear Family,
Life at the MTC is amazing!! I cannot believe we only have two weeks--less than two weeks--left. Today we did service at the Provo Temple in the morning. I had the opportunity to help install and arrange a few chandeliers (Sealing rooms 12, 11, 10 and 5). I spent the entire time with Hilary Wilson, who works in the Laundry most of the time. She is an amazing sister with great spiritual strength. She served a mission in Kentucky. One of our new sisters headed to Alpine is a German major at BYU and speaks fluently, so she will leave with us and has been moved to an international branch. We are sad to see her leave our zone, but excited to have Sister Lind join us on the way to Germany. We should get our flight plans today ...
By the way, I haven't really explained our progressing investigators. Each investigator is a teacher here who bases his or her character off of someone they taught on their mission, a friend, or themselves in the past. As Elder Holland said about this kinds of teachings, "it may not be a real life situation to you, but it is real to the Lord. This is how he trains his missionaries." The Spirit in each lesson is the same Spirit we will have in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Hans-Peter is our only German language investigator at the moment, he is Brother Swensen, one of my two teachers. He based Hans-Peter after someone he taught on his mission. It is very real.
One of our investigators, Austin, committed to baptism on 26 July 2010. It is SO soon, but we only have a couple more principles to teach. He is ready as the Lord has been preparing him and working with him during this time. We are so excited for him. The devotionals and firesides here are always life-changing. I love the MTC. All activities here are truly inspired and run by the hand of God. So much goes into the functioning of this place and it makes all the difference. Richard I. Heaton, the Administrative Director at the MTC, gave the Fireside on Sunday and explained what the Apostles saw in vision what Preach My Gospel would do to missionary work. I thought a lot about April and Lucas and their emphasis on raising four outstanding missionaries. I will send them my notes. I found the fireside so uplifting and insightful. This is truly God's work.
Oh, yeah. So, in sacrament meetings in the MTC, they are in your mission language and they announce just after the Sacrament who will be speaking. All missionaries prepare a talk on the assigned subject. So, I gave a talk on Sunday about Repentance (Umkehr) in German. For the first time, the German seemed to just flow and I was able to speak what was in my heart. I honestly didn't understand all that I said, but I know the Lord was working through me to give the testimony I have been given to others. It was a neat experience.
Elder Field has started walking without his walking boot and the healing is coming. We are continuing to pray that he can come with us to Germany. Miracles have happened already and we all know that if it is the Lord's will, he will come with us and we will work as hard as we can in prayer and faith to show that we want him to come. Our district has grown really close in the last seven weeks. It is amazing what bonding comes through learning and growing together.
Thank you everyone for making sacrifices so I could have this opportunity to witness the process of others coming unto Christ. This is a divine work and each missionary out has been called of God and is a true servant of the Lord. Your support means so much to me. I love you all.

--
Sister Carla June Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment